Monday, December 19, 2011

Lift-Off - Starting The Blog - 2011 Races & Results

This is the start of my blog .... finally!!!  It has taken quite a while, and some heavy prodding by friends, to finally get busy and launch this thing.  Soon I'll be adding a 3-5 entries breaking down my entrance into triathlon, my previous-to-2011 experiences and results, and then several parts detailing my entire 2011 race season.  A few separate posts will be dedicated to some very memorable experiences, things like the 2011 ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships in Spain, and the 2011 Xterra World Championships in Maui, HI.

The 2011 race season was a long and grueling season for me.  Below is a look at the 17 races that made up my season, along with the results at each race.  I figured this would be a good way to start my blog.

And, I became the poster-boy for the Xterra website!!!  At least for now, if you don't see a guy in a green race jersey on a mountain bike, then they probably changed the website.

Races & Results
Trisports.com Desert Classic Offroad Duathlon – 1st AG / 1st OA
Xterra West Championship – 7th AG / 45th OA
ITU Cross Triathlon World Championship (Spain) – DNF (sliced sidewall on rear tire)
Xterra Pacific Championship – 1st AG / 3rd OA
Tucson Triathlon – 1st AG / 2nd OA
Deuceman Long Course Triathlon – 4th AG / 7th OA
Xterra Deuces Wild – 1st AG / 2nd OA
Ironman Coeur d'Alene – Finish Time – 11:11:06 – 54th AG, 321st OA
 Firecracker Triathlon  – 1st AG / 1st OA
Xterra Mountain Championship – 1st AG / 7th OA
Riverton Triathlon – 1st Overall, Course Record
Xterra Snow Valley – 1st AG / 1st OA
Barn Burner 104 MTB Race, Co-Ed Duo  – 1st OA
Xterra USA Championship – 2nd AG / 5th OA
Tour of the White Mountains 35-mile MTB race – 1st OA
Xterra World Championship – 4th AG / 16th Amateur / 54th OA
Tinfoilman Triathlon – 2nd AG / 6th OA

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Now I can blog-stalk you when I'm traveling! Looking forward to all your adventures and write-ups!
    RR

    ReplyDelete